Internet of Things in Manufacturing
Category : Blogs
Internet of Things in Manufacturing
As an Industry 4.0 solution provider, we offer not only machine monitoring through concepts of IoT, but also provides a full-fledged Factory Management System to attend your daily chores at the factoryshopfloor in a much simpler manner which helps the people to connect, communicate & collaborate.
Through this system, you can also aim to go PAPERLESS at your shopfloor apart from deriving seamless flow of notifications & alerts to people making them aware of what, when, how the task needs to be done.
A production monitoring system is a process that is designed to record the overall performance of the production line in real time. … The data that is collected by the monitoring system is used in improving the efficiency of the production line.
In a nutshell, the flow of information divides this into 4 parts –
- In this stage most of your documents transformed into soft-copy by utilizing file management, like process Flow Diagram, FMEA, PPAP, Control Plan, Work Instruction, Checksheets etc.
- It utilizes the resource allocation of activities of employees, materials and production capacity.
- It increases production per machine through smart predictive planning.
- For repetitively planned items, Master Scheduling/MRP and Supply Chain Planning restrict the planning process to advise rates of production within the planning time rails that vary from the current repetitive schedules.
- In execution, the planned activities are carried out on the shop floor making the processes/operations from Control Plan being executed electronically to achieve the maximum production optimization and quality.
- It automates the data capturing mechanism on the shop-floor right from inwarding of material till dispatch.
- It increases visibility and transparency in every aspect of your manufacturing operation.
- In this stage, all activities carried out in shop-floor can be monitored by installing simple hardware inside the machine and you’ll be instantly getting the live information in your dashboards, systems, and mobiles.
- Get notified thru SMS or Email for major events in your factory like idle time pockets, variations in product or process and more.
- Online SPC to monitor and proactively escalate issues preventing rejections.
- Monitor and maximize OEE with real-time insights at the plant, cell or machine level.
- Monitor key Process Parameters in real-time, based on Control Plans, and interlock and escalate on any deviations
- You can immediately respond to breakdowns, rejections and failure activities.
- It increases production traceability and reduced production errors.
- In this section, by referring digital reports like Availability, Productivity, Quality, OEE, Operator,Performance, Production, Machine Activity, Capacity Utilization, and OEE trend user can easily drill down the root causes of failures.
- It is possible to analyze in detail information regarding the resources involved in the production process, like machines/departments/work centers, operators/cost, centers/work orders/sales orders/material, etc, based on company structure.
Features and functionalities of Smart Factory Solution:
- Live View of Shop-floor
- Task Manager
- Secure access as per the roles and responsibilities
- Tool Setup Option
- Digital Work Instruction by ballooning drawing
- First-off Inspection Approval
- Operator Dashboard
- Escalation Matrix- System Alarms for accounting losses
- Shift hand-over notes
- Advance documentation in a centralized platform
- Live dashboard
- Live Machine Performance
- OEE trend
- Availability trend
- Productivity trend
- Quality trend
- Live Production Report
- Live losses for downtime
- Live Productivity Report
- Operator Performance Report
- Overall OEE
Benefits of Smart Factory Solution
- Improve productivity, transparency and capacity utilization.
- The transparency of the system allows you to acutely understand issues by getting real- time information.
- Production increases by making better decisions driven by data, enabling better, real- time communication between management and the shop floor.
- Real-time production level notifications
- Live feedback of employee/operator performance.
- Eliminates manual data input.
- Improve on-time delivery.